Update 0.66 is out for the closed alpha, including a brand new main menu!
From the main menu, you can now choose to create your own Sandbox (with limited options as of now; mainly Resort name and the Size); Load a previously saved game (and you can have multiple saves!); and tweak a couple of basic Options (for now, panning and rotating speeds of the camera. If you have some requests, send a comment or message!)
Not only that, in game now you also have a menu you can access to save the game, change options, load another game etc:
So there you go! More freedom to play the game your way, and getting closer to Early Access features!
Oh, and there may be a pretty big announcement for the end of this month! So stay tuned!
Took some time, but it is here, the update 0.65 for Boss Golf closed alpha!
Changelist for this version includes:
- Fixed issue where golfers couldn’t acquire an open hole if the number of open holes was less than the number of available holes.
- Added a radar display for overview of the golfer abilities.
- Separated golfers into rankings: Casual, Recreational, Serious, Competitive, Professional, and Legend. Rankings determine the starting ability of the golfers. After a lot of play, once their attributes increase, they may achieve a higher rank. This system will tie in with the “perks” system that I described some time ago.
- Added proper calculations for draw, fade, hook, push, pull, and pure. Now when golfers hit the ball, based on their attributes, there’s a chance for either of these forces to be added to the golfer. Includes your own golfer! (Right now no way to increase it, so bear with it)
- Added golfer dominant hand, now you’ll see golfers taking a stance according to their main hand.
- Increased variety of golfer thoughts and improved the display of the thoughts in the character panel. Added more thoughts for analyzing the results of a hole playthrough.
- Improved calculations for stroke generation to give golfers better/more realistic options. There’s still some issues with some edge cases, since we can’t set OB areas yet. Once that’s in, it should be more accurate.
- Added a display for the state of the hole (open or closed).
- Added a panel showcasing the statistics of the hole (average score, number of plays etc).
- Added a panel showing a history of plays on that hole with the ability to see the shots. Simply click the play you’d like to see, and it will be shown. Golfers also keep a memory of their playthrough at any given hole.
- Added shot evaluation buttons based on golfer ranking. In the Edit panel of the Hole panel, you can click on the button for each golfer ranking, and see more or less the average path they will take. Works with multiple tees as well.
- Closing a hole will now make the AI abandon the current hole, if they are queuing for it or playing it. May lead to bad thoughts 😉 (The player will never be booted)
- Fixed issue with golfers roaming outside the resort grounds.
- Tweaked the graphics of the terrain by adding some better boundary effects. Still heavily work in progress.
- Increased the size of the character collider to make it easier to click them.
- Added snapping option for decorations. On the decoration selection, you’ll see a little magnet button that you can toggle to snap the decoration. It’ll snap on a 1 meter grid.
- Tweaked speeds for detecting when the ball successfully enters the hole.
Phew! That’s it for 0.65. Now onwards to 0.66. And also might have some bigger news to share soon!