After much wrestling with the physics system in Unity, Boss Golf alpha has been updated to version 0.53!
Features included in this version:
- Improvement on the grass shader
- Scaled the entire world for better physics/effects/everything. Now each ingame square is about 10 yards long. As a result, your holes will take over much more space in the game world. (Previously, they were about 25 yards long)
- Day/Night color variation on the lighting
- Physics adjustments
- Improvements on the AI
- New terrain shader (temporary!)
And as for bugs:
- Landscaper will now update the terrain after placing it. It had stopped doing so thanks to the division of the meshes
- Fixed the angles for the Wedge clubs
- Several fixes related to the physics of the game
- Improved handling of the chunks and terrain bits
And that’s about it. Adjusting the scale of the entire world took a lot longer than I expected, and brought about several unforeseen complications that were promptly fixed.
As a result of the changes, we’ve had to update the version of the save file, which means you’ll start off with a new golf course.
That’s all for now folks! Now I can focus on getting the paths improved, then the hole creator, then the water tool, and we’ll reach 0.6!