Have just released the 0.541 update, which fixes a couple of issues found on 0.54, and gives a better version of the path builder mesh.
Here’s the main points of change:
- Tweaked time system and removed the day-night cycle. Terrain always looks nicer now on current lighting. Lighting will change later on depending on the season/weather.
- Fixed path mesh. Generation is better and the intersection is also better.
- Removed triangle alternation from terrain mesh so that it matches the terrain collider. This was causing the path to go underground, and the AI/ball to also disappear underground on occasion.
- Fixed display of player shots. Now it obeys the arcs and power properly.
- Tweaked the values of the AI arcs.
- Increased movement speed for AI to balance the larger map
That’s all for now.
The Path tool will stay the way it is now, while I get to work on the new hole builder. You’ll plan out the hole all at once creating a kind of “yardage book” representation of it, placing the terrain tiles and whatnot, and then giving the order for it to be built. Any alteration you wish to do to the hole, will be done through its yardage book. This way you’ll also be able to save/load previously created yardage books!
And since in golf you can have multiple teeing locations, so will be the case in Boss Golf! No longer will you be constrained about simply placing the tee tile; you’ll be placing the tee object instead. Coming in 5 different colors, that mark the level of difficulty of a tee.
The same will be doable with the hole! You’ll now lay down the green are as you wish, and then place the hole object in the location you desire, giving you more options for customizing your hole.
All of these changes will come in 0.55!
Oh and as a bonus, next week is the famous Golden Week here in Japan. Meaning I’ll be crunching down to get the game to a great state to show off in May’s BitSummit! If you’re in Japan during that time, be sure to drop by and say hello! And play the exclusive resort featured at the event!
That’s all folks!