Sorry for the couple of weeks without update! Been in heavy development mode, and some other things got in the way. But back on track!
Since the last update, I’ve focused on revamping systems, fixing issues, and integrating the new finances display! (Hence too big too fail, a reference which may be 10 years too late but hey you take what you can!)
Here’s the reworked version of the financial panel:
Now with a sleeker design, and better overview and division of the different aspects of your resort’s finances. All updated on real time, with graphs wherever they are needed, and easier access to the costs of your employees to give you more information when you need to fire them.
Golfer panels have also been updated and received the new UI makeover!
The needs feature is also getting a revamp for the next update, adding more data regarding the golfers’ likes and dislikes and feedback for your course.
For the rest of the stuff, it’s difficult to show photos since it’s a lot of internal working. So I’ll list the new stuff in here!
- Building types have been added. Now you can customize the functionality of the buildings based on their types. (Things like the star-rating of your hotels, room fees, quality and type of the menu at your restaurants etc)
- Roofs are in for your buildings! Three types for now, with a more simplified display. But adds tons of flavor to the buildings!
- Added more pieces to use on your buildings. They affect the maintenance costs.
- Fixed issue with Builders trying to build a building while you are still planning them.
- Fixed decorations not being placeable.
- Adjusted the physics for the golf gameplay. The ball should act more “realistically” to different terrain types (hurrai physics materials!) and the forces acted upon it for shooting it have been tweaked. Now the loft of each club is used properly.
- Fixed AI calculations for putting shots. Now they’re taking into account the height difference between the ball and the pin.
- Buildings will now properly block the navmesh after being built.
- Character panels now properly reflect the current state of the AI (Idling, moving to lay tiles, waiting etc).
- Updated text on the game to use TextMeshPro, for much, much, much better readability and resolution. It’s night and day compared to before!
- Decoration pieces now modify the navmesh properly! AI sometimes got stuck when navigating them, but now they resolve it correctly.
- Fixed pathfinding to only try and reach the target position if it’s reachable; otherwise just go as far as the path allows. In instances when the target position is necessary (to strike the ball, for example), it will still reach it.
- Fixed the Landscapers not wanting to do any work when loading a saved game.
- And more minor things!
Phew! That’s an extensive list! And here’s another image showing off the roofs and more decoration for buildings:
We’re getting closer to a feature complete version of the Early Access build. Working on updating the panels for the decorations and the water, probably unifying them into one unique panel. Same will follow the paths later!
Stay tuned for next week!