Been hard at work this week tackling some bugs found by our testers, and beginning the implementation for the next features.
0.52 also marks a change of development. Previously, I’d slave away at my dark and cold basement until the next big version was released, and the task list represented the work being done.
From now, the task list will still contain the updated information, but the features will be implemented on the road to their desired version number; put it simply, if a feature says 0.6, it means that if you play version 0.6 of the game, you will have that feature available; the feature itself, however, may have been available since 0.53, or 0.55, or whathave you.
This way I can ensure fresher builds of the games out for you to test and find bugs, as well as fixing bugs quicker!
So for the changelist in 0.52:
- Improved shot difficulty calculation for the golfers
- Raised the difficulty of shots containing trees and whatnot on the way
- Tees are now marked with little stakes on the sides, pointing towards the hole, as opposed to a single dot
- First pass at the new grass shader
- Divided the rendering of the terrain into separate meshes, in anticipation for quality up
And for fixes:
- Clicking path no longer brings up the terrain height panel
- Clicking the mouse at the end of loading no longer exits the game
- Golfers now wait a couple of seconds for the previous golfer to clear the course before playing
- Balls now disappear after the golfer exits the course
- AI no longer moves around when the game starts paused
- AI now properly taking advantage of the brain in calculating shots
- Mouse edge scrolling and WASD scrolling now have the same speed
- Reduced the area for edge scrolling to avoid scrolling when clicking the UI
And that’s all for now! Going to continue working on the overhauling of the terrain system, and am planning on tackling a new way of placing the paths for 0.53, based on suggestions from Friar, our amazing tester!
You can download the updated version in the same place as usual. Conversely, apply for the closed alpha for access!