Newest version is finally here! Boss Golf is now at alpha 0.5!
New features in this version include: (For more information on scheduled tasks, check out the task roadmap!)
- AI Needs System
- AI Thoughts System
- AI Confidence which affects their golf play
- AI Brain for better/more interesting generation of choices through a course
- Updated golf gameplay with a selection of clubs
- Possibility to pan the character panel directly to the AI
- Auto pan the camera when the mouse moves to the edges
- Panel for showing progress on the hole
Some bug fixes in this version include: (For more information on currently reported bugs, check out the bug board!)
- Wrong tooltip for paths
- Grid tooltip also showing path tooltip
- Resort info window not being moveable
- Paths not connecting to gree/hole/tee/building tiles
- Landscaper moves too slow
- UI gets stuck on finalizing
So yeah, this update focused on AI, and some more quality of life fixes. Check it out!
I’ve just about finished connecting the new terrain system with the UI. There are some nags here and there, as is expected, and the interface for the vertex editing doesn’t work perfectly, but it’s all operational.
For this demo, however, I’ve removed the golf playing feature as it is due for a revamp in order to accommodate the AI system. As a result of that, I’ve also left the previous demo online in case you wanna try that part of Boss Golf.
And you’ll find that your play area has been largely expanded from before. And you’ll notice you won’t be able to build everywhere: that’s part of the course being only allowed certain parcels of land when you start out, with more being unlocked as you buy them and whatnot. The new chunking system will allow for that to be done pretty straightforwardly.
Without further ado, you can download the latest version HERE!
And here’s some things I cooked up with it:
That’s it for today, folks!
Will continue working smoothing out the implementation (and damning Unity for not supporting gizmos in runtime! (probably with good reason)), tweaking the shooting mechanism, and getting the AI in there!