It’s finally here! Alpha has now been updated to 0.3, allowing you to do the following:
- Have a wall surrounding your resort to keep out “undesirables”
- A Clubhouse has been placed, from where AI golfers will now spawn
- AI golfers will either roam around or attempt to play any hole that is open
- They will accordingly queue by the Tee waiting patiently by their turn
- And so will you! You can also play as the AI is playing the course, taking your turn on the queue!
- A handful of other under the hood improvements
- Saving and loading! No more starting from scratch every time you load the game!
That’s it for this version. Now you’ll have a more workable experience and you can see how the AI tackles your golf course. I may release a tweak later on to modify the AI a bit, like a 0.31 or 0.3.1 or 0.3a, not sure yet. But this should give you some ideas about how the AI will react.
A word of warning: If you do attempt to edit the course as the AI is playing, you may make their ball disappear! If that happens, just relaunch the game. Will work on a fix for this later.
Ditto for if the AI falls through the ground. Haven’t improved the dynamic collider yet, so depending on your machine performance, hijinx might ensue.
Now on to 0.4! The details of which I’ll be sharing later this upcoming week! But for a sneak peak, think Time Management!
That’s all for now folks, please enjoy.
If you haven’t signed up for the Alpha, you can do so here!
See you on the green!