Kicking off the great week of development, I’m releasing update 0.542. This update focuses on fixes regarding AI, and implements a shot distance display to let you know roughly how far your ball will go, as in the image below:
The changelist for this version is below:
- Added distance visualizer for the shooting
- Increased size of trails/debug lines
- Handled instances when the ball goes out of bounds
- Tweaked movement acceleration for AI to avoid it from stupidly going off cliffs
- Adjusted AI threshold for shots
- Set the resort to stay open 24/7 for debugging purposes (always spawning new AI, not despawning AI suddenly)
- Tweaked ball rolling drag to stop it from rolling endlessly on occasion
I’ve also removed the current grass renderer, as it was causing issues on Mac/Linux, and on non DirectX11 systems. I’ll think of a better solution later on.
That’s all for now folks! Builds are already updated, so go grab the update!