It took a little longer than I expected, but the closed alpha for Boss Golf has been updated to 0.4!
Some of the changes included in this update:
- Tile and decoration execution moved to the landscaper
- Resort’s opening and closing time now matter
- Bulldozer only affects planned zones (can’t remove decoration pieces yet)
- Money and transaction recording system implemented
- Spaced out the loading of the scene and added a loading screen
- Decoration system reworked to allow for more freedom of placement
- Order system revamped to work with decorations and tiles
Because of the array of changes in this version, your 0.3 save change won’t be compatible with this new release. It would take me a lot of precious time to create a save converter at this moment.
The changes in decoration are quite massive, though. The previous system will still be used for the scenario editor, where you just really wanna sketch out the level for your scenario. But this new one gives you a lot more control over placement, so that you can really customize things to your liking. If you have any request for tools or feedback, feel free to comment on our reddit or our discord!
So that’s it for 0.4. It drastically changed the flow of gameplay, slowing things down quite a bit, and implemented a host of systems that I’ll take full advantage of in development.
For 0.5, I’m going to focus on the AI again, giving them proper ways of evaluating/thinking a hole, more behaviors, more character generation, and a couple more things I wanna keep under wraps for now! Timing for 0.5 is early March.